... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Wednesday morning
through Wednesday evening for strong wind... very low humidity... a
Haines index of 6... and a dry cold frontal passage for fire
weather zones 280... 281... 285 and 300...
* affected area... fire weather zones 280... 281... 285 and 300.
* Winds... southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Timing... very dry air will likely be in place across southern
portions of the watch area early Wednesday... spreading north
in the early afternoon to northern zones. Winds will increase
late in the morning and may gust over 25 mph by noon on
Wednesday. Winds will remain gusty through the day. A sudden
wind shift is expected in the evening as a dry cold front
approaches from the west.
* Relative humidity... as low as 5 percent.
* Temperatures... highs in the mid to upper 80s.
* Impacts... critically dry fuels... very low humidity... gusty
southwest wind and a Haines index of 6 may cause any fires that
start to quickly grow out of control on Wednesday.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.